This isn’t a standard update in the sense that I’m not sharing new screenshots. We have two items of news to share: one good, one temporarily not-so-good.
Here is the really fast version:
1. The good: We have determined that we will release the Castle section once the remaining revisions are complete. We expect that this can happen within the next 3-5 months.
2. The not-so-good: Due to personal circumstances, I (Cris) will need to pause my work on the project for the next few months. Regardless, the project will continue via Albert’s efforts until I can return.
Here are a few more details re: #2:
- I have been made aware by my employer that my position in the company is most likely going to be eliminated in January next year
- As a result, I need to focus on finding a new job either with my current employer or with another company
- Additionally, I need to complete some certifications within my field that will hopefully make me more marketable if I do end up needing to find a job with another company
- At the same time, I’m seeing this time period as an opportunity to pursue a few business ideas that I’ve been thinking about for some time
- Regardless of how this pans out (whether it’s a new job at my current company, a new company, or something else entirely) I strongly look forward to returning to the project once my job and income situation has been sorted out
- Albert will continue working on the project as he has been, without interruption (his next update is coming in the next 1-2 days, and I think you’ll like it :))
- You will still see me commenting from time to time, responding to emails, updating certain pages on the site, and other minor activities.
I’m sorry for having to step back temporarily. If you have any questions, please let me know. And thank you, everyone, for your encouragement these past 2 years.