Thank you to everyone for downloading the latest release and sending us all your feedback! Thanks to that feedback, we’ve been able to correct a few issues and make some adjustments. Our July 13th, 2018 release is not the final release, but it’s BIG enough to deserve some patches if needed.
Issues Addressed in this Patch:
- Rifle (semi-auto w/scope) examine view fix:
- The game would crashed when you examined that model.
- Silencer (Leon’s Handgun) has been re-included in the inventory:
- We originally removed all beta and repeated items in Leon’s inventory “.dat” file in order to gain extra space to store higher polygon versions for the other inventory items. However it seems that some people still use that silencer via a Trainer. No 3D detail of the other models has been lost because of this re-inclusion.
- Chinese language fix for the “Got something that might interest you” Merchant cutscene:
- The MDT file included in the evd file was wrong and made the game crash when subtitles were ON.
- Chinese language fix for the Miniganmes item descriptions:
- The MDT file included in the omk_pzzl.dat files was the wrong version.
- Motion blur restored to default values:
- We originally increased the motion blur effect for certain areas of the game to better match the Gamecube version (that effect was more obvious at SD resolutions), but this has caused dizziness for some, and many simply do not prefer it.
- Adapted r100.udas file (the very first area of the game) for the “Flawless Widescreen” mod:
- This will address crashes encountered in the first area of the game for those using the Flawless Widescreen mod.
DOWNLOAD: 7/13 Release Patch (Direct Download) | Mirror 1 | Mirror 2
- Download the patch
- Extract it in the Resident Evil 4 folder (for typical Steam installations, the path is: “C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Resident Evil 4”).
- This is what the folder should look like after you’ve extracted the files:
- Run the “install-713-patch.bat” file by a simple double clicking. DO NOT run as administrator. Some Windows 10 users you *may* need to follow these steps.
- The script will ask you three questions:
- In addition to installing the rifle, silencer, and cutscene fixes, would you like to install the corrected Motion Blur files[Y/N]?
- Are you using the Ada RE2 costume for cutscenes included in our Release-3 pack[Y/N]?
- Are you using or planning to use the Flawless Widescreen mod[Y/N]?
- After you answer “Y” or “N” to these questions, the script will take a few seconds to complete and you’ll know the script has completed when you see a prompt to “Press any key to continue…”
- Enjoy the fixes!