This is the second post related to the weapon texture and 3D model remastering process. At the same time, I’m taking the opportunity to show you the “work in progress” results of my work toward remastering Ada. It still requires some touch-ups here and there.
Regarding her weapons, this is what’s been done so far:
- Hi-poly inventory models (they are the same models the game uses in the Merchant store)
- Examine view 3D models used in-game (this feature already was included in the latest release but I’ve optimized them a bit more)
- New re-created textures for the Examine view have been applied to the Inventory and in-game weapon models
And here’s what’s been done for the Ada’s in-game model:
- Corrected some clipping issues with her neck ribbon
- Hi-poly hands for all the weapons (She still had the low-poly PS2 hands!)
- Re-created textures
- Imported textures and gun models to the cut-scenes
And that’s it! The progress on Ada is still a work-in-progress. For example, her neck ribbon and eye textures still need to be redone. I really like how her face looks now: She’s virtually identical ingame, but in HD (and I don’t see the dreaded “uncanny valley” result that some face re-texturing work suffers from).
I hope you enjoy the comparison images and video. We are waiting for your feedback! 🙂