Hello everyone! It took me some time to post something new because I’ve been working on several things at the same time. (For example, I’ve started the remastering process for some additional characters and enemies that I’m not showing today, but they are not finished yet.)
NOTICE: The colour and lighting differences are a consequence of the lighting edits we’ve made throughout the game and it’s not related to the characters’ remastering process.
Today I’ll show you the following:
- “Policías”: I’ve re-created their faces and clothes and I’ve adjusted the oldest policeman’s shirt collar to avoid some clipping issues. It seems the developers used the same exact model for both policemen. They just made the oldest one slightly fatter, but they didn’t take into consideration that his neck is also thicker.
- Female Ganados: I’ve done the same as I did with the male Ganados: All new textures and minor 3D adjustments. I also remastered all the Ganados’ ears (I simply used the cutscene head models), adjusted the backs of their necks to correct seam issues, and revised some previously remastered textures (the hair of the dead ganado in the image gallery bellow is an example)
- Animals: Nothing really impressive here. I simply retextured the animals. I replaced the in-game dog model with the slightly more detailed dog model from the “El Gigante” cutscene and I improved the cows’ ear and horn models.
- Leon’s jacket: I’ve added more polygons to the shoulder and arm areas. The improvement is really noticeable!
- Chapter 1 End Screen Background image: This is my favourite. I really like the results and it’s really entertaining to re-create these kinds of static images!
BONUS! Here’s a clean shot of this image [CLICK ON THE IMAGE FOR FULL SIZE] so you can use it as a wallpaper if you want:
And here are the comparison images 😉 Enjoy!