Hello everyone! First of all, thank you everyone for all the support during all these years. I still can’t believe we are on the 8th year of this project!
Finally, I had some time to post this comparison gallery that covers the entire Chapter 5 (the Island section of the game)
Before that, I’ll take the opportunity to post what’s the status of the project.
I’ve hired a programmer who’s creating a few DLL files that will fix some issues this game has. These are the bugs I’d like to fix:
- Restore “DoF”.
- Fix water and light bloom effects.
- Restore the “intense fire effect” that was in the original GC/Wii version of the game (that subtle halo around most fires in the game that gives an extra realistic feeling). The porting process broke that effect, and it became that reddish tint some areas have.
- Fix the black shadows in the floor (the characters and enemies shadows in the floor are always black even at long distances).
- Black “Take item” screen. The screen becomes black when you take an item. It should be transparent.
- Weapon scope and binoculars “zoom effect” it was lost during the porting conversion. The image should be blurred when you zoom in and out.
- Custom HD movies. This is almost done! The game will be able to load custom HD mp4 files instead of the crappy .SFD movie files!
- English subtitles on the way!
It’s costing me an arm and a leg, but this is what happens when you ask for some professional help ;P Fortunately I don’t have to maintain a family XD
According to the programmer it’s a matter of time and patience if we want to fix all these aspects of the game. I’ll leave it on her hands, and I’ll cross all my fingers!
Oh, and NO, this won’t postpone the release date even further. It’s being done while I’m remastering Separate Ways 😉
And about the regular progress of the project:
- Mercenaries: It’s already complete, I’ll post a video next time.
- Separate Ways Chapter 1 almost finished, I only have to adjust some church lights and re-create the end of chapter render.
- Mission start render is done:
- The cutscenes for this first chapter are already remastered. I’ll go in depth in the methods I’ve used to do it, but I’m 99% certain there’s no way these horrible 512×336 pixels cutscenes can look better than this:
- Opening Sequence is already remastered.
- I’ve spent an entire week editing small details all over the game based on feedback from people 😀
And finally, here comes the Chapter 5 gallery. It’s a random selection because there were sooo many different details compared to the 2018 version…