I’m approaching Ashley (again). But I must go across a stinky garbage dump area first!
When I started this project, the more terrifying textures that came to my mind were located in this room. Those control panels… And now, after months of hard work and intense texture work training… it wasn’t that hard to re-create! But I did need to have a lot of patience in order to place every single button and light in its place and to adjust the colour and luminosity for every one of them! I think I beat my own record of Photoshop layers for just one texture!
As you can see, I remodeled all those garbage containers. I tried to maintain elements present in the original texture (black plastic bags, cardboard boxes, a wooden pallet…) but all of them with more realistic and logical sizes.
I also remodeled those pipes in the wall. The original 3D file was an extremely low-poly model. The results are more obvious and “attractive” in motion.
I hope you like all the UV mapping corrections and other 3D edits I’ve done so far. Remember this is a work in progress, but don’t hesitate posting your comments about the re-created textures you’ll see in the pictures and in the video. As I’ve said in previous posts, I have no idea what the hell I’m re-creating sometimes!