This week’s update covers rooms 216 and 217. This area is full of cutscenes. Remember, we’ll update the character and enemy textures after we finish all the environtmental stuff. And talking about that… This is the first time I tried editing a character cutscene model (Krauser) and it was a success! I just fixed a little bug (see picture 317B.jpg) but I’m guessing this is an indication we can fix/update other character /enemy models as well when needed. 🙂
The rest of the work has been as usual: Some original source pictures were found, but the vast majority of textures have been re-created. And I added some extra 3D detail here and there.
That specular effect at the end of the video (last picture) will be improved. I’m doing some test and research about how to improve the effect. It depends on the number of polygons in the model, its geometry, the vertices being welded or not… Anyway, it won’t look as good as many current gen games, of course, but the graphic engine of this game has some potential.
I hope you like the work in progress pictures and video! 😉