First things first: Thank you everyone for all the of support. I swear I’ve read all the messages! I simply don’t have the time to answer them all… There has been a looooot of technical and visual feedback messages to answer. I’m sorry if I missed some of them…
I’m planning to post an update that correct most of the issues soon. I’ll wait a few days, so I can collect and correct as many bugs as possible.
nipkow and emoose are doing God’s work answering and trying to fix some of these issues. Thank you guys!
These are the known issues so far:
- English item descriptions while playing in Spanish (Fixed).
- Wrong Ashley model during a cabin cutscene when she wears the Special 1 costume (fixed).
- Anonymous letter (chapter 2-1) crashes the game when playing in French (fixed).
- Leon’s eyes texture when he wears the tactical vest is missing (fixed).
- Changes in the dll menu (when pressing F1 ingame) are not saved after closing the game. [Temporal solution: THE dinput8.ini FILE IS PROBABLY READ ONLY, CHANGE IT (right-click the file > Properties > uncheck the read only box). This should fix the problem in the meantime.]
- Water distortion when playing at ultrawidescreen mode.
- Some people have Invisible Items inside the inventory.
- Random Crashes during the cutscene when Leon’s looking down the bridge.
- Slowdown and heavy desync during chapter 2-1 first cutscene.
NexusMods links doesn’t work: I’ll upload them again when the upcoming fixes are ready, so they will be included. I’ll also update the Other Mega and Mediafire links for people that still haven’t downloaded the project, and there will be a smaller patch available for people that already downloaded it, too.
The game won’t open or there are some fatal crashes (I)
Follow these steps:
Download this SFV file courtesy of emoose: MIRROR 1 | MIRROR 2OUTDATED
- Install the QuickSFV tool here (CURRENT VERSION).
- Run QuickSFV and Open BIO4.SFV after downloading (and extracting if you downloaded the 18 .rar parts).
- BIO4.SFV must be in the same folder the BIO4 folder is, as in the picture below.
- If you don’t get the “All files OK” message, that means some file is corrupted and needs to be downloaded again.
The game won’t open or there are some fatal crashes (II)
- You are running a non-legal/non-official/cracked copy of the game.
- The version of the game is not 1.0.6 or 1.1.0.
- You didn’t follow the installation steps exactly as described in the DOWNLOAD page.
If the file size of the BIO4 folder is not 37.4 GB (6804 files), something went wrong.OUTDATED
From now on, all reported issues that don’t include all required info will be ignored